Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Buyers / Sellers Beware of Misrepresentation!"

I have only been a member of the okay gemunity since mid-January, mostly as a buyer. I am still buying, but I am also now selling. It's a lot different being a seller thanbeing a buyer. In the past two days I have had two tansactions where the Seller advertised a certain price for a certain type of shipping, and shipped the item (s) at a lower postal rate than was stated in they're listing, thus making more profit on the sale.
This is not only a bad business practice, but is cheating the buyer and the U.S. Postal Service. This could be considered as fraud by the USPS if they were to open a package shipped at a Media Mail rate,and discover that it is a Ming Vase, vs. a package of paperback books, or some other form of media material.
As a seller, you have a great amount of responsibility to your buyers to be fair and honest if you expect people to vistit your sites and look at and bid on your items, and return at a later date. Not listing defects is like presenting "half-truths." No one wants to receive damaged or mis-represented goods.
As a buyer, it is your responsibility to be aware of exactly what you are paying for and why. Ask questions. Sometimes the answers are valid. Sometimes they're NOT! As a seller Iencourage potential buyers to ask any and all questions concerning an item.
As a Buyer I am tired of being lied to, rippped off and overcharged.
As a Seller, well, let's just say that I have set higher standards for myself and will try to live up to them.
I hope this short "soap-box" lecture has enlightened you Buyers to the kinds of people that are out there, waiting to get your money, and a warning to you Sellers, that "what goes around, gees around!"
Think of how you would like to be treated, and treat others equally well.

1 comment:

  1. I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is UK/USA funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant. 

    ReplyDelete