Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Buying Lots of Sports Cards on s

First let me start by saying the information on this guide is my opinion based on the many purchases and sales I've made on okay. Below are some things you should do. However below is my about me page. Hopefully this will add some credibility to who I am.
My About Me Page

Read/look at price
When buying cards on okay make sure you read everything! Reading is the key! Sometimes you'll see that a card costs $0.01 and you'll buy it for $0.01 and then find out that shipping is $10. This by the way is called fee circumventing and you should report it to okay. Most of the time they'll remove the listing and you willl not have to pay it.
2. Look at what kind of card is being offered
Sometimes you'll get a copy, or a damaged copy. Never buy a card in which the conidtion of the card is not mentioned or when they're not original cards.
3. What are they shipping in
Some sellers do not ship cards in proper packages. Ask your seller how they'll ship before they buy. I like to put the cards I sell in a protective sleeve in a top loader. I've never had a problem with shipping cards this way although it is not the best way. I however always make it clear that if a card I ship gets damaged I will refund their money.
4. Feedback
If your buyer has a few negative feedback, you'll probably have a bad experience. This might not always be true. I've recieved negative feedback unjustly because I gave negative feedback to a person who sent me a damaged book and failed to reply for a few days. So sometimes people do recieve unjust negative feedback so this rule although not always ture is a safe rule. If your seller has lots of negative feedback or a few recent ones do not buy from them.
5. Dupes
When buying lots make sure they're no dupes, unless you want them. A dupe is a duplicated card. In other words lets say theirs a 20 card Derek Jeter lot. With dupes you can actually have 2 different cards but 10 copies of each. For example if you get to 1999 Derek Jeter Topps Cards in one lot that is a dupe. So when buying make sure its clear wheather or not their are any dupes.
6. International Shipping
Cards are small so when shipping internationally it shouldn't cost as much. I"ve shipped single cards to Canada for only $0.63. The same price holds for Mexico. If a seller is charging a lot above this price then they're ripping you off. Some sellers like myself charge a little over $0.63 because sometimes you have to go to the post office and wait in line to ship cards internationally.

Good Luck and happy buying.
P.S. If their are gramattical errors please note I wrote this guide thoughtfully but quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment