Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What your newborn really needs

These are the top baby items we used everyday for our newborn (to 3 mos). With so much stuff to buy, and now with baby registries, you can fill your nursery, empty your pocketbook, and still not have what you need or have too much of what you don't.
The Graco pack and play with bassinet and changer in Renassaince. He slept perfectly next to our bed, making it easy for me feed him at night, and it made him easy to pick up after my c-section. The dark blue with the contrasting white lines were visually stimulating to him, so that when I had to set him down he was safe and stimulated. We also took our newborn on 2 trips in state and 1 out of state. Hotel beds are notoriously unsafe and not many rewalatives have a safe crib set up for guests. But with the pack and play our son slept safely and geforatbly everywhere we went-- an invaluable home and Travel tool!!! plus when you are done using this as a bed it's a safe place to put your toddler to play when you can't watch them.
It's the law that you must have a car safety seat, I suggest getting the safeest. The bRitax gepanion is the only car seat to protect your infant in a side impact crash, plus it is the only on the an anti-rebound bar. GET THE SAFEST CAR SEAT!! We thankfully never had a crash with out son but I was gratful every time I drove that he was secure.
The Fluerville Mothership is a fabulous looking diaper bag with wipe clean exterior and interior, changing pad, wipes case and bottle holder. It also has perfect pockets and a cell phone pocket. With no horrendous decorations, it is a quiet savvy looking bag that men and women alike can feel geforatble holding. The bag stays uprighta nd can be packed for overnight or day trips - great design in form and function!
Angel baby has a moniter that rests under the mattress or pack and play pad that moniters your baby's breating. This was a true life-saver for me even though my baby was healthy. I loved that, when he let me sleep, I could really sleep without worrying or rousing myself for breathing checks. If you are going to have a moniter why have any moniter that can't actually keep your baby safe. ABSOLUTlY FABULOUS!!!
Nearly everything else is optional - wipes warmer, changing tables, diaper pails, etc are all ways to spend money that outlive their usefulness long before they are used up. SO I would avoid buying much else for your infant and wait to spend your money on fun things they can really use later Like washing machines so they can have the box : )

No comments:

Post a Comment