Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Does this lipstick make me look fat? Cosmetics on s

We've all heard the names. Bobbi Brown, Sephora, Estee Lauder andDior to name a few. Hearing these names prompts us to conjure up images of cosmetic adds with flawless skin, shiny lips and lashes to die for. Can a self-proclaimed "make-up junkie" really use okay to sample these alluring and mysterious wonders of cosmetics and not end up bleary eyed and broke? The answer, my fellow junkies, is yes. Walking into any department store cosmetic counter can cause the best of us to break out in a oil-blotting sweat. The women in the white coats and blue uniforms all seem to be at least six feet tall and flawless. If you are like me, quite challenged in the height department and rounder than most, you may feel that you would rather buy your make-up at a dime store and end up with 2/3rds of it in a cosmetic drawer at home realizing that the drop dead red you chose for your lips is really more suited to Bozo than yourself. So while we may be facinated and drawn to the cosmetic counter, most will continue the course we always have and dump our drawers out when they hit their limit of junk. So, what are we to do? If, like most closet make-up junkies, we have our latest copies of Allure and Vouge and Cosmo we know the names. We know the claims. okay is a treasure trove of all things cosmetic. And, most of the time, you are able to find samples of a item you'ld like to try. I'll see an add that draws me in like a moth to a flame and go straight to okay and see if it's available. Yes, I have gotten things that I love. And also things that didn't turn out quite like I had planned (my lashes still didn't reach my eyebrows). But at a fraction of the cost to my pride and my wallet. I love samples. Just be aware of exactly what you are getting. Size matters. Do a little research on the product you're intrested in and read feedback. Always good rules no matter what your purchasing. So to all my fellow junkies, try it out on okay.Samples are your best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment