Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why do I love soy?

I got into making soy candles, because I had a burning desire to make a better candle and a definite goal to achieve it. I never had the time to play with my candles, but if I didnt they didnt burn right. I hated the fact I had to. I hate waste, so when I saw that the Soy Wax Candles burn down evenly and there is little to no waste, I was hooked. I just had to get started on getting them made and in everybodys hands, and if you're like me, nothing is better than a good smelling candle.
Soy wax is the latest craze in the candle making industry. It has taken the candle making industry by storm. Sales of soy wax are expected to more than triple this year alone. Soy wax enthusiasts point to several factors that make soy the fastest growing wax on the market today. Soy wax contains only natural ingredients and no cancer causing ingredients, and is 100 percent biodegradable. Easier for people with breathing problems too. It is clean burning and non-toxic, it does not produce soot, it is safe around children and pets, Soy wax is made from a renewable and sustainable resource of American grown soybeans. They burn cooler a with steady cool flame. Soy wax emits little to no smoke and no soot using zinc wicks, and burns up to twice as long as paraffin which is a bi-product of the crude oil industry.
It took me over a year of researching virtually every wax not just the soy waxes on the market before I found the product that met the rigid standard of excellence I was looking for. Further more using soy wax decreases our dependence on foreign crude oil and supports our American farmers and our economy.
Making your own soy wax candles is an easy and fun hobby and makes a wonderful gift item.

No comments:

Post a Comment