Sunday, July 26, 2009

I hate it when companies lie to me: QVC and Dell

I bought my Dell laptop from QVC because 1.) It came with a 3-year, 1-business-day replacement warranty and 2.) It came with a "special" customer service phone number in the United States...they specifically said that buyers on QVC would talk with someone in the US of A, not the black hole of Calcutta. Lies. I have twice had serious problems with my computer; the sound card stopped working almost immediately. I had to let the techie log in remotely to fix it - it took several hours, at least 4 or 5 with me holding the phone to my ear. It might have gone a little faster if I could have heard him and could have understood him and if he had slowed down and enunciated his words. I mentioned this week that I couldn't see the User IDs in the posts here. It was my computer. Something was wonky and I had to do a System Restore twice; one lasted a day, the other lasted a few minutes. I couldn't even click in to the Support link at Dell. And they couldn't get into my machine remotely either. Oh, and it was dear old Dipak again (he told me I could call him David if I wanted to). The instant I chose tech support in the phone menu, it took me straight to India. This makes me sooooo mad. And QVC is still saying that their buyers get US help, that they're special. I paid more through QVC in order to get this promised service! I tried to leave a review on their site about my computer and they wrote me and told me that they deleted it. No wonder...I called them out on their lies. Finally had to REFORMAT this thing. Everything is gone. Everything. I hate Windows Vista. I hate liars. And Dipak a/k/a David told me that I was special. That I was chosen, just me, and just today, to be offered a discounted warranty. Just today. And just for me. Because I'm special. I told him that this thing has 2 more years on its warranty, I'll be bugging them for those 2 years and then I'll throw it away. Grrrrr..... (Breathe, Brenda, just breathe.....)



Orignal From: I hate it when companies lie to me: QVC and Dell

No comments:

Post a Comment