Monday, July 20, 2009

Teaching Scrapbooking Classes - Any Advice?

Do any of you teach scrapbooking classes? Our Hobby Lobby and a Specialty scrapbook store used to. But they quit years ago. Several people have asked me to teach them how to do it, so I'm planning to start teaching this winter. I don't have any teaching experience, but I've been a scrapper for about 10 years. I plan to have premade page kits available for the classes. I will be teaching at my home in the beginning but if there's enough interest, I'll move to the Senior Life Center. As people become experienced with the different tools and techniques, I plan to offer one cropping day per month where people can come here and use all of my equipment (embossing tools, Sizzix die cutters, rotary cutters, Fascinator, Crop-a-dile, Oval and Circle Cutters, etc). Does anyone have any ideas or advice for teaching? Is there a site that shows simple layouts that might be good to teach? I have some ideas of my own, but I'd love more input. I'd really like my classes to be unique and entertaining so they'll keep coming back. I attend classes taught by a Stamping Up consultant. She focuses on stamping. I will be doing a little bit of everything, but my favorite embellishments are the die cuts. I have 100's of sizzix dies in almost every theme out there. If you've taught or attended classes, what are your favorite projects? What did you like best and least in a class? Any suggestions are welcome. Birth of a Butterfly



Orignal From: Teaching Scrapbooking Classes - Any Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment